Skip to content

Protect the value of
your belongings

Tenants Insurance

If you’re shopping around, feel free to request a quote or give us a call and we are happy to have a chat about your options.

Whether you rent an entire house or just a room in an apartment, it is a good idea to get some extra protection for yourself and your belongings.

A tenant insurance plan not only keeps the value of your personal property secure in the event of loss, theft, or damage; it also covers your personal liability in case of an accident.

If you’re ready to explore your options today, our brokers are here to help! Feel free to request a quote or give us a call and we are happy to have a chat.

“I’ve had my insurance with Derek and Owen for over 15 years. They provide competitive rates and excellent customer service. They are always available to assist, even after hours. I’ve called their cell on a Saturday morning when I had questions and needed help with a claim. They walked me through the whole process and made me feel very at ease. I would recommend their services to anyone!”

Katie M.

“All my insurance needs are taken care of here, the service and friendliness of this office is second to none. Great customer service is hard to find these days – and Owen and Derek are amazing to work with personally and professionally!”

Rebecca W.

Client Since 2003

“You have been my insurance broker for many years, I just wanted you to know that I’ve appreciated your excellent service to my family.”

Gerry G – London

Client since 1998

“I have been a client of Dorchester Insurance Brokers since 2009, and am very satisfied with the service I receive from my insurance broker Derek Thornton. He provides valuable advice to ensure my family has the coverage we need at a great price. Derek is accessible, responsive, and proactive. I highly recommend both Derek, and Dorchester Insurance Brokers.”

Christin F – Oshawa

Client since 2009

Frequently Asked Questions

  • If you are submitting your claim during normal business hours, you can contact us directly via phone at (519) 268-3535 and one of our claim’s adjusters will support you throughout the process.  

Yes, we help clients bundle their home and auto insurance policies all the time – it’s actually a great way to save on the overall cost of your insurance.

Rented dwelling insurance is for people who rent out their property or properties to others. It covers liability as well as coverage for damages or theft.

Tenants insurance is for people who rent their living space, it covers liability as well as coverage for your personal contents.


Get a Free Quote Today.