Skip to content


Rented Dwelling

If you’re shopping around, feel free to request a quote or give us a call and we are happy to have a chat about your options.

Rented dwellings can be a great long-term investment – but they also lend themselves to risk.

Whether you rent out a house, condo, or a space within your home, you must make sure that you are protected against fire, vandalism, and other damages to your property. Let one of our brokers help you create a plan that not only gives you the coverage you deserve, but also works within your budget.

If you’re ready to explore your options today, we are here to help! Feel free to request a quote or give us a call and we are happy to have a chat.

“I have been with Dorchester Insurance Brokers since my first car and first home years ago and they have always been helpful. It’s great to tell Derek what I need and he figures out what works best for my situation. I wouldn’t think of looking elsewhere.”

Johnathon B – London

Client since 2008

Frequently Asked Questions

Yes, we help clients bundle their home and auto insurance policies all the time – it’s actually a great way to save on the overall cost of your insurance.

Your home is insured to the amount of coverage needed to rebuild your home from scratch in the event of a total loss. This factors in things like labor costs, debris removal and material costs. It is often higher because it is serving a different purpose than a tax assessment or a real estate evaluation.

Cottage insurance is for people who own a second vacation home that they either use themselves or rent out to tourists. It covers liability as well as coverage for damages or theft.

Most of our insurance partners will provide a discount after you have been claims free for 3 or more years. The claim will be considered on your record for 5 years in total.


Get a Free Quote Today.